White vinegar is one of the ecological and economical mosquito repellent solutions. Find out how to use it against mosquitoes.
Mosquitoes invade the house or terrace in the summer. There are several species of them, the bites of which not only itch, but also transmit diseases. To keep them away, natural products are better than phytosanitary products that can harm your health. Focus.
How to trap mosquitoes with white vinegar?
It is true that household white vinegar does not give off the most pleasant of fragrances, but it is a very good repellent against mosquitoes. Here are some tips to trap them with this product:
- Place a glass of white vinegar on the windowsill;
- To avoid having to endure the incessant buzzing of mosquitoes during your sleep, brush the feet of the bed with vinaigrée water;
- Mosquitoes land on fruits and vegetables to lay their eggs. To store them without putting them in the refrigerator, store them in a dry place, with a glass of vinegar next to it.
What are the other natural tips to get rid of mosquitoes?
There are a number of natural repellents against mosquitoes. Here are some of them:
- Aromatic plants: plant peppermint, basil or potted rosemary on the windowsill. Mosquitoes do not like their scent;
- Essential oils: the scent of essential oils of lemongrass, lavender or geranium are unbearable for mosquitoes;
- The plastic bottle to trap mosquitoes: mix water and brown sugar previously heated, then let cool. Add brewer’s yeast to the mixture, then pour everything into a plastic bottle cut in half. Attracted by the solution, mosquitoes find themselves trapped in the bottle.