- 5 apricots, pitted and cut into ¼-1/2 inch thick slices
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups (240 grams) gluten free all-purpose flour (I use Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 flour)
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 sticks (1/2 lb) unsalted butter, softened
- 1½ cups (300 grams) granulated sugar
- 7 oz almond paste
- 4 egg yolks, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius).
- Using parchment paper, line a 9-inch cake pan, then grease both the pan and the parchment liner. Sprinkle the brown sugar over the apricots in concentric circles on the parchment circular.
- Stir together the sour cream and baking soda, then put it aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour and salt and put aside.
- Blend the butter and sugar together in a food processor or high-powered blender until pale and fluffy. Pulse the almond paste in small batches until smooth.
- One at a time, add the egg yolks, mixing after each addition, then add the almond extract and sour cream mixture, blending after each addition.
- Pour the batter into the pan and smooth with a spatula after folding the almond paste mixture into the flour and salt until incorporated.
- Bake the cake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Place the pan on a cooling rack for 5 minutes, then transfer onto a cake plate using a knife around the edge. Allow the parchment paper to cool before removing it. Warm or at room temperature is OK. Wrapped in plastic wrap and kept at room temperature for 3 days.
Source: oh honey bakes
Don't miss interesting posts on Famousbio