5 exercises to achieve a dream

5 exercises to achieve a dream

Violet Field inLifestyleJul 6, 2020 4 min read179 views

Everyone has a cherished dream, and if you do not now go to it with a sure step, you have a problem. At some point, you may find that you yourself do not know what you want. Five lessons from the book “It's time!” Will help to avoid this. Barbara Cher.

1. Make imaginary friends

If you just lie in the direction of your dreams, your allies will not interfere. Those who will never criticize you or put pressure on your conscience, but will definitely tell you something sensible in a difficult situation.

Not sure where to get allies right now? Come up with them! Like Native Americans calling spirits.

Who would you like to see on your side? Aristotle, Beyonce, Harry Potter? Let it be the heroes of books and films, real and fictional characters, childhood friends, or your dog.

Think about who and where will sit in your home or office. Each time you doubt your abilities, imagine what each of them would tell you. Learn to take advice and help; record encouraging cues from your allies. All this will help in the search for real allies in the future.

2. Understand your feelings

One of the problems of the modern world is that we hide our feelings. Not only from others but also from ourselves. We consider it unacceptable to be angry with your child or envy of your best friend. But reaching the goal is difficult until you figure it out in yourself. Therefore, learn to listen to the inner voice, and stop fencing off people with the words "everything is fine."

There is fear, happiness, anger, and a million of their derivatives. And all people experience these feelings.

You can remain a good person and experience envy and anger. This is normal. But to forbid yourself this is the opposite.

Make a list of the emotions that you have experienced in your life. And now every day put a tick next to the emotion that you experience. After some time, analyze your “diary of feelings”: he will say a lot about you. Are you worried too often? There is no playful mood at all? Then you need to understand where it came from and free yourself from the negative.

3. Make a t-shirt for the loser

Instead of complaining that something is not working out, allow yourself to be impudent and rude. Come up with a series of T-shirts for losers. What rogue phrases would appear on them? For example, such:

• Please do not hug!
  • I also want to be a favorite!
  • Why are they moving, and the last one is always me?
  • I'm actually tall!
  • What should I deserve for you there ?!
  • I need an apartment!
  • Do not feed me!
  • Yes, I feel good! What infuriates?

Unleash your imagination, it is always nice to take your soul away.

4. Stop picking up trash

It's a mess at home, and you feel guilty about it? Throw, you will never triumph over chaos. The disorder in the house is not accidental - this is how our subconscious mind acts when it tries to hint at something. This is your way to solve a problem. The trash creates the feeling that you have a lot of important things to do, but your hands do not reach them.

Imagine that you bring perfect cleanliness, can you live on the catalog page of a furniture store? Not.

You can’t leave trash: the disorder disturbs the peace of mind, and the dream needs more space.

Learn to distinguish really important elements of your life from far-fetched ones. This does not need general cleaning, start from your desk. Remove all important documents from it to a safe place, sort old magazines, throw out the trash, take the mug to the kitchen.

Give yourself the word to throw 10 items every month or tidy up 10 minutes a day. Soon you will feel that your home has become brighter and more spacious, and more free time. And stop feeling guilty: we are not born into the world in order to rake trash.

5. Write a press release

Write three imaginary press releases and devote them to yourself. The first should be absolutely fantastic. For example, about how you bought a yacht for 200 thousand euros and went to your own island in the Mediterranean.

Devote your second release in three months. If today is July 7th, then date the press release on October 7th. The event you are writing about should be more believable. For example, describe how you went on vacation, swim in the sea, and advise you to visit some restaurant in a cozy quarter.

The third press release should be about you in two years. Write about the most wonderful event you can imagine. Let's say you bought a house in Spain and are getting ready to move.

Does it seem that this is not related to the real fulfillment of a dream? You are mistaken. This is your dress rehearsal.

Do not deny yourself dreams. You now have at least five exercises leading to your goal.