This delicious coconut flan recipe will impress your guests! Delicious and refreshing, this simplified recipe for Caribbean coconut flan can be prepared in just a few minutes. Here, no …
Delicious and refreshing, this simplified recipe for Caribbean coconut flan can be prepared in just a few minutes. Here, no rum or cinnamon as the original recipe wants, but only 4 ingredients. Perfect for last-minute invitations.
This bi-texture cake contains a melting and creamy flan part, and a more consistent and fluffy part, brought by the grated coconut, which forms a kind of biscuit similar to the coconut rock. The combination of these two textures works perfectly and makes this preparation a dessert that your guests are not about to forget.
For those who do not like coconut, no problem, since this recipe can also be made without coconut milk. So you can enjoy the flan part, and leave the coconut biscuit to someone greedy!
To prepare this recipe you will need an electric mixer, a cake mold, preferably glass, and another dish wider than the first because cooking is done in a water bath.
In a bowl pour:
- A can of sweetened condensed milk
- Two egg yolks that you mix with the sweetened condensed milk. Reserve the blanks
- Then fill the can of condensed milk with fresh milk (or coconut milk for a more pronounced taste) and see it in the preparation by mixing well
- Beat the whites in snow and gently incorporate them
- To finish, add 125 g of grated coconut, and mix again.
- Pour the preparation into the cake pan which you will then place in a second dish filled with water. The water should rise to 3/4 of your cake pan.
- Place your dishes in an oven preheated to 175 ° for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
During cooking, the coconut will rise to the surface and form this delicious coconut cookie. Once cooked, let the flan cool overnight in the refrigerator, before unmolding. Do not panic, it will not collapse.
Serve very fresh and embellished with a drizzle of liquid caramel for more delicacy.
This article contains affiliate links that may be subject to remuneration from our partners.
Don't miss interesting posts on Famousbio