The recipe for iced chai tea has gained a lot of popularity in coffee shops in recent years.
The aromatic taste of Indian spices has become the perfect alternative to coffee for those looking for a strong and full-bodied drink, but without caffeine and that can be drunk hot, or cold, with or without milk.
Ingredients of iced chai tea with milk
- 1/2 liter of water
- 20 black peppercorns
- 20 cardamom pods
- 8 thin slices of fresh ginger
- 20 whole nails
- 2 to 3 cinnamon sticks
- 2 pieces of star anise
- 1 black tea bag
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Honey to taste
- Milk (can be whole, skim, almond, soy, or your favorite).
- Heat the water and add the spices when it boils for a couple of minutes.
- Add the ginger slices. Bring to light for 5 minutes.
- Add the tea bag, cover, and lower the heat.
- Let simmer for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add vanilla and let it reach room temperature.
- Refrigerate to cool completely.
- Sweeten your iced chai tea with honey.
- Serve a glass with ice, 3/4 of the glass full of chai tea, and cover with 1/4 of milk.
- If you want a creamier, more even consistency, you can liquefy at low speed for at least a minute. If you prefer a frappé finish, blend for a few seconds at high speed.
Thanks to the recent popularity of chai, new versions have been created, with green tea, vanilla, and other spices, there are even those who add fruit tisanes of apple, mango, or red fruits.
We return to the basic blend that includes ginger, cloves, black pepper, cinnamon, cardamom, and black tea as a base, but as always, you can experiment until you reach your perfect recipe.
In addition to being delicious, beneficial for the health
Each of the components with which chai tea is brewed offers health benefits.
It improves digestion thanks to ginger, has anti-inflammatory properties that we can attribute to cloves, and increases the functioning of the immune system due to cardamom, while cinnamon helps lower cholesterol levels and maintain healthy blood pressure.
And if with this recipe of ice cream chai you already gave thirst for the bad and you craved some delicious spring cocktails for the heat … we have three recipes for you.
Don't miss interesting posts on Famousbio