- 2 bananas
- 150g unsalted butter
- 200g self raising flour
- 4 tbsp creme fraiche or double cream
- 200ml thyme infused honey
- 100g soft brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsb vanilla extract
- 50g hazelnuts
For the frosting
- 300ml double cream
- 5 tbsp butter
- 5 tbsp soft brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F and toast the hazelnuts for 5 minutes before finely chopping them.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until pale, then add the eggs one at a time, then mix in the creme fraiche or double cream, honey, and vanilla. Mash the bananas and incorporate them into the wet ingredients.
- Fold in the flour and hazelnuts after sifting them in.
- Spoon into two 9-inch lined cake tins and bake for 45 minutes.
for the frosting
- Brown sugar, butter, and cream are whipped together until thick.
- spoon over one of the cakes, then top with the second layer of sponge, then add extra frosting to the top of the cake and spread it around the sides with a pallet knife. I then scraped it back to make it appear as if it were a naked cake.
- I topped it with a drizzle of caramelized white chocolate and a sprig of lemon thyme.
- To prepare the caramelised white chocolate, I put good quality white chocolate (at least 20% cocoa) in an oven safe dish with little oil and baked it until it turned a caramel color, stirring every 10 minutes. Then I produced a ganache by adding cream. I followed the directions here.
Source: Twigg Studios
Don't miss interesting posts on Famousbio