"Shopaholic celebrates Christmas" and wants everything to be perfect
Sophie Kinsella's “Shopaholic Celebrates Christmas” was published in November 2020 by Belfond
- Favorite readings can be shared.
- To end the year better than it started, our community recommends a new “feel good” book every day.
- Today, Sophie Kinsella's “Shopaholic Celebrates Christmas” was released on November 5, 2020, at Belfond.
Laure Happymanda, the contributor to the reading group20 Minutes Books, recommends Christmas Shopaholic, published on November 5, 2020, at Belfond. Sophie Kinsella's
Her favorite quote:
- But you really had to order four? - I didn't know she would fit me. Leg length, extra or standard. Luke, I'm not responsible. Rather, criticizes the fashion industry which penalizes the innocent consumer with her poor assessment of sizes.
Why this book?
- Because it's a wonderfully funny feelgood novel. The extravagant Becky and her misadventures to organize the perfect Christmas will delight you from the first lines. You will smile and laugh in a magical atmosphere. This novel sparkles like champagne. I did not see the time pass with this shopaholic, her buying madness would be almost contagious. His optimism wins you over. More serious subjects are approached with delicacy, in particular that of adoption. They remind us of the importance of family, even more so during this time.
- Because email exchanges are hilarious and totally crazy situations will make you laugh out loud. Sophie Kinsella has charming handwriting that is easy to read and entertaining. I felt the Christmas atmosphere, this desire that we have to want to make everyone happy and joyful. Poor Becky! Everything is going wrong but to the delight of his reader. Christmas will be the perfect time to read this novel, but it will be savored all year round without moderation. I can imagine an adaptation to the cinema that I will hasten to see.
- Because The Shopaholic is a series of books that feels good. And this is the opportunity to discover it or to pursue it. Readings that comfort you and ensure you have a happy time.
The essentials in 2 minutes
The plot. Becky is now married and a mother. This year Christmas is celebrated at home. Managing this organization and its addiction is ultimately going to be more complicated than expected. Each stage turns into an incredible adventure. Will she manage to create the magic of Christmas and satisfy her family?
Characters. Shopaholic Becky Bloomwood-Brandon, her little girl Minnie, her husband Luke, her parents, her sister Jess and her husband, her friends Suze, Steph and… Becky's ex-boyfriend as well as the unfathomable Nadine.
Places. Letherby, a charming little village very close to London
The time. Nowadays, in the month of December as Christmas approaches.
The author. Sophie Kinsella, born December 12, 1969, in London, is a British woman of letters. Sophie Kinsella studied music and then PPE at New College, University of Oxford, and became a writer after working as a financial journalist. Very well known for her series The Shopaholic.
This book was read with the spirit of Christmas in mind and the good humor that emanates from it.
Do you want to recommend a book that you particularly liked? Join our community by clicking here
20 minutes of context
Some of the links in this article are sponsored. Every time you buy a book through one of them, we get a commission which helps us pay our bills. To avoid any conflict of interest, we have adopted the following method:
1. The contributors to the section choose their books, write their files and their reviews in complete independence, without worrying about any links that will be added.
2. The links are added a posteriori, each time we find the recommended product on one of our partner platforms.
Thanks in advance to everyone who clicks!